Error using starter.master while checking in master page

Jul 7, 2010 at 9:00 AM
Edited Jul 7, 2010 at 11:04 AM

Having branded our sharepoint we encounter allways an error checking in our active master page when confirming the new template in the default workflow of sharepoint.

Stefan Gordon's SharePoint ULS Viewer displays "MetadataNavigationContext Page_InitComplete: No XsltListViewWebPart was found on this page[/_catalogs/masterpage/Forms/my-sub.aspx?RootFolder=_catalogs/masterpage]. Hiding key filters and downgrading tree functionality to legacy ListViewWebPart(v3) level for this list."

This is reproducible even using the unchanged starter.master.

The original v4.master is running without errors. What are we missing on the page?

By the way: The same error occures when we try to change anyting related to workflows. We're getting the same error message from Sharepoint.

Jul 8, 2010 at 4:45 PM
George, can you review the steps you are performing to get this error. I need to try to replicate in my environment. Also, when you say v4.master runs without errors, have you applied it to this site and tried the your steps again? Contact me via this form so that we can chat over email:
Jun 9, 2011 at 11:35 PM

Have you found a solution to this problem? I keep getting an error in the calendar "This page may have been modified. You may need to reload this page to render the calendar view" and when I check the log files, I get your same error.

This problem does not exist in the v4.master

Jul 5, 2011 at 12:36 PM

We've the same problem. Have you found any solution to this problem?

Jul 10, 2011 at 9:17 AM

Unfortunately not, we decided to use a default master page and adapt it for our needs.

Jul 11, 2011 at 4:27 PM

Could someone give me the precise steps to replicate this error? What type of site template was used? I don't work a lot with workflows myself... start from the beginning what did you click on / do to get to the error screen?

If I can replicate the error, then I can begin the process of trying to get rid of it.



Jan 4, 2012 at 8:50 AM

Has anyone found any solution to this problem?

My steps are:

1. Set starter as site master page

2. Create a new empty web part page

3. Add my list with its calendar view within a web part area

4. Save page

Thanks for support. !!!

Jan 4, 2012 at 5:07 PM

I ran through trying to debug this with someone over email... this was the end results:

Essentially, we had removed the "ID='s4-workspace'" from the <div class="s4-nosetwidth">. This was a change that was reflected in your updated version, but we were having all sorts of problems with it so we had simply removed the ID. Eventually we had added it back in, but not in its original location. This is what was causing the error. Once I moved it up to read: <div ID="s4-workspace" class="s4-nosetwidth">, and added some CSS to fix the additional scrolling, the calendars worked like a dream!

Is there any chance you are not trying this with the stock latest version of the starter master page. Could you double check this for me and if the problem persists email me from the contact form on Note: I'll be out of the office for a few days so you may not hear back right away.

Jan 5, 2012 at 9:21 AM

It's worked for me.

I have added the div with id="s4-workspace" and clean page with CSS.