List view not working

Apr 9, 2011 at 10:50 PM

Hi!
I have been building a site based on the foundation-starter page. Everything works fine except for a small problem.

The List view selector in the ribbon wont work. I have been playing back and forth with the v4.master where it works, trying to find out whats missing. (also trying to understand how Ms put together the view selector in the first place)

Now I'm pressed for time. Either I start from scratch and base it on the v4.master or I can figure out what the ¤#&#¤! is going on. 

Before I dive into rebuilding my design in v4.master I hope that you can give me some hint of what the problem is!

Take a list (any list) and choose the ribbon list menu. Then try to change view.  I cant make it work, either with the default page from here or my custom page based on the same. But as soon as I change to standard v4 master it works again.

Really would appreciate some help if anyone seen anything similar and solved it!

BR
Tomas Norin
Developer

Coordinator
Apr 9, 2011 at 11:27 PM

Are you using the lastest version? I believe this problem has been fixed. See discussion here:

http://startermasterpages.codeplex.com/workitem/12052

If that is your problem, download the latest version and see if it helps.

Apr 10, 2011 at 7:43 AM
Hi!
You are a life saver! :-)

I think you have made a great work with this one!

I actually can say that I have mixed feelings about Sharepoint. I wish that they had put the same effort into their masterpages as you have!
It feels much better to understand how things work. Not just put stuff in the page.

Giving this project all thumbs up!

BR
Tomas Norin

On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 12:27 AM, drisgill <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Are you using the lastest version? I believe this problem has been fixed. See discussion here:

http://startermasterpages.codeplex.com/workitem/12052

If that is your problem, download the latest version and see if it helps.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (StarterMasterPages@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email StarterMasterPages@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com